Terms of Service
While using the site, you agree that you take full responsibility for any and all actions while you are on the site and will behave in a respectful manner to fellow users and site staff.
If you have visited AtFurry by accident, or disagree with the site’s policies, you agree to willingly cease use of the site, and to take no further action.
AtFurry is not responsible for, nor endorses, the expressions, comments, journals or content uploaded by its users. If you see any content directly against our policies, we strongly encourage you to contact us immediately and we will do our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
Code of Conduct
The Code of Conduct outlines rules that you need to follow to help ensure that the site is a fun, enjoyable place for all users involved.
You MAY do the following
- · Be polite, and treat others with respect.
- · Post, share, create and entertain.
- · Make friends, be social. AtFurry is a community. Make friends, post art, and enjoy everything AtFurry has to offer.
· If you encounter fellow users being obnoxious we suggest:
- o Take a break and step away from the situation, especially before responding. Give yourself time to cool down. Commenting out of haste or anger or outright retaliating against the user could result in action being taken against you as well. Harassment can go both ways, and retaliatory comments against users will not be tolerated.
- o Hide the user's comments or shout from your pages and move on.
- o If you feel you are being targeted for harassment we ask that you first block the offending user.
- o If harassment continues, contact a direct member of staff, and please do so via Note - do not leave page shouts or direct comments. In addition, DO NOT RESPOND towards any troll-like or harassing behavior. Doing so can cause complications, and only incite the offending parties.
- · Have fun!
You MAY NOT do any of the following
- · AtFurry strives to allow users freedom of expression where possible, but asks users refrain from making comments, journals, statements or posting material which is racist, bigoted, defamatory, otherwise offensive towards any particular sexuality, philosophy, religion, illegal gambling (raffles, games of chance) or content alluding to illegal activity, including bestiality or child pornography. Disruptive behavior meant to interfere with the normal flow of the community will not be tolerated, and we frown upon mob tactics and organized harassment. Comments which are overly aggressive, personally insulting or abusive are prohibited.
- · Post or discuss anything illegal. You and you alone are responsible for your actions and take full responsibility for consequences of your actions.
- · Harass, abuse or spam other users, or encourage others to do so by proxy.
- · Post links to materials that could harm other users' computers or would allow others to inappropriately access software or web sites, or that would otherwise violate the policies
- · Lend, transfer, sell or otherwise provide access to your account to any individual other than the account's rightful owner, unless otherwise pre-authorized by a member of the site administration.
- · Impersonate, harass or defame AtFurry users, staff or moderators.
Violation of the Code of Conduct, may result in action taken against your account, including but not limited to following:
- · Temporary suspension. Suspension times will vary based on A) the severity of the offense, B) the user's history and number of prior warnings or violations and C) any previous suspensions. Suspension will vary by the severity of action taken. After three suspension your account will be permanently closed. And none of us want that to happen.
- · Repeated and continued violations of site policy can result in a permanent suspension of your account without warning or notice. Some offenses warranting immediate permanent suspension, including without limitation: hacking, fraud, severe racial remarks, posting real nudity, account abuse creation, posting viruses or URLs to viruses.
AtFurry is not obligated to send you a warning before these actions occur. We assume no liability for any losses resultant due to suspension, temporary or permanent.
By registering an account (for use as a User or Group account) you agree that all information provided is truthful and accurate. We reserve the right to close any account created with falsified information. In addition, you agree to keep your e-mail address accurate and up-to-date (as is necessary to contact you or provide password resets).
This site is not intended for use by individuals under the age of 13. Accounts created by underage users will be closed without warning (and it will be on the user to provide verification they are of sufficient legal age to continue use of the site).
AtFurry is primarily geared towards the artistic community and contains mature content. The ability to view mature art is DISABLED BY DEFAULT. By enabling the mature flag, you agree that 1) you are of legal age (18) and that 2) you are not lying about your age. Users found misrepresenting their age and date of birth will have their ability to view mature artwork revoked.
We encourage parents and guardians to be familiar with the sites their children visit, and to take a part in their children's lives. It is your role, as parent to your children, to monitor and police your children.
The site will not be held accountable for your children lying and enabling the ability to view mature art, and we will do everything in our power to limit their ability to do so.
Account Information & Security
We will uphold our policies and actively protect the interests of the site and our members. This includes, but not limited to: stopping art theft/tracing, identity theft or attempts at financial harm, personal harassment or organizing trolling, piracy or other illegal activity or any activity which we feel is a threat to the site or its community.
AtFurry staff reserve the rights of the following:
- to remove content (submissions, journals, comments, etc.) not in accordance with site policy;
- to modify submissions (editing will be limited to: adding/editing categories, keywords, ratings, comments or titles not in line with site policy);
- to monitor private data or user communication to investigate potential illegal activity by state, Federal or international law, protect the interests of the site or to prevent threats, spam or harassment.